Whole Wheat Cranberry Pear Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Hot Cereal
- 1/2 cup sucanat or other organic brown sugar alternative
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pear, diced with skin on
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, or frozen, cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cereal, sucanat, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, agave, vanilla, eggs and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add pears, cranberries and pecans and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon into muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This is one fancy add-on.